Home / Section: Cartoons
Success in Comics seminar heads to east coast
Chad Carpenter and Bill Kellogg’s Success in Comics seminar is heading to the east coast. The last two events were in Las Vegas. The duo is taking the show to Annapolis, MD February 16-17th. The line up looks top notch too.
- Chad Carpenter – Third time speaker, creator of Tundra the most widely self-syndicated strips in papers
- Bill Kellogg – Third time speaker, the marketing muscle behind Tundra; founder of Ink Bottle Syndicate
- Tom Gammill – Second time speaking, creator of The Doozies, infamous producer of the Learn to Draw video series
- Tom Richmond – NCS president, and MAD Mag usual gang of idiots cartoonist
- Amy Lago – Second time speaker, comics editor at Washington Post Writers Group
- Jeff Keane – Former NCS president, Family Circle cartoonist
- Stephen Silver – Character designer for Disney, Nickelodeon
- Ed Steckley – Illustrator, cartoonist
- Mark Simon – Producer, director, cartoonist
- Tim Brennan – President of Reed Brennan Media Associates which does comic page layouts for hundreds of newspapers
- Mark Anderson – Second time speaker, runs one of the best pay-per-use comic sites on the web
I’ve been to each of the previous events and it’s always interesting and informative. Each evening includes socializing, networking, and drinking in the hospitality suite.
Cost for the seminar is $375, plus your hotel and travel. Bill’s got a payment plan if you need to break it up over a couple of months.
You can read my coverage of the last two weeks by scrolling through the search archives.
Disclaimer: I attend each seminar as Chad and Bill’s guest for helping promote and cover the event.