Home / Section: Daily Cartoonist
First day fund drive results
Yesterday I kicked off the annual donation drive with the goal to raising the equivalent of a minimum wage compensation ($7.25/hr). At the end of the yesterday I tallied it up, divided by the estimated number of hours per year and came up with $1.45/hour. Which isn’t bad as that is approximately 20% of the goal in a first of five day drive.
With their permission, here are some of yesterday’s donors. I appreciate their support, both the donation and their words of encouragement.
Please visit their websites.
- Scott Hilburn, creator of The Argyle Sweater
- Jeff Burney, creator of Attica
- Ron Ferdinand, cartoonist on The Dennis the Menace
- Brian Powers, creator of LilToon
- Bill Kellogg, Marketing genius for Tundra and founder of Ink Bottle Syndicate.
- Joe Vissichelli, caricature artist
- Kevin Kallaugher, editorial cartoonist for The Economist
- Tony Piro, creator of Calamities of Nature
- Liz Walsh, creator of Tao of Geek
- Anton Emdin, illustrator, caricaturist, character designer, artist and creator of Shrinks Comics
- Bruce Quast, creator of Faron Square.
- Alex Hallatt, creator of Arctic Circle
- Pete McDonnell, illustrator, character designer, story boarder and caricaturist
- Tom Racine, host of the great Tall Tale Radio and Geek Papas podcasts.
- Tom Gammill, creator of The Doozies
- Donna Lewis, creator of Reply All
- Terry LaBan, creator of Hard Boiled Shaman and Edge City
- Norm Feuti, creator of Retail and Gil
- Charles Goll, illustrator, greeting card creator and animator
- Clay Bennett, editorial cartoonist for the Times Free Press
UPDATE: I’ve added more of the first day donors as they’ve responded to my request to list them.